Easy solutions to fix the QuickBooks error the file exists
The "QuickBooks error the file exists" can pop up while working on various things like opening a federal or state form, downloading the payroll, or paying schedules liabilities. You will see an error message coming up on your screen when the error triggers your system. Several factors can cause this error, which we will discuss in this blog too. Eliminating this error on time is essential, and you can do it with the help of suitable solutions. But before that, we recommend you to check if your QuickBooks has been updated; having an outdated version can lead to the file exists error.
Are you worried about the "QuickBooks error the file exists"? You can ring us directly on 1.855.738.2784; we have a team of QB experts. They have experience in dealing with QuickBooks errors and can help you with the best solutions.
What causes the “QuickBooks the file exists error” to pop up?
Read the causes for the error and understand the triggering point of this error so that you can avoid this error from coming in.
- A poor internet connection can also lead to the "QuickBooks the file exists error."
- Not having admin rights might start showing an error message on your screen.
- Using an outdated QuickBooks application can also allow the error to enter your system.
- If the installation of QuickBooks is not done correctly, that can also cause the error.
- Improper firewall settings can also be the reason for the error to come up.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1904
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks windows error the file exists
Go through the solutions below and improvise them on your system to eliminate the "QuickBooks windows error the file exists."
Solution 1: Run QB as administrator
- Head to the windows start menu.
- In the search bar, type QuickBooks.
- Have a look at the results from the search window.
- Now right-click on the QB version and year you want to open.
- Tap on the run administrator option.
- Try running a payroll update now.
- Close your QuickBooks and open it normally once the process completes.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15243
Solution 2: Try updating the windows permission
- Navigate to the windows start menu.
- Write file explorer in the search bar and open it.
- Look for your QuickBooks program file.
- Select properties by right-clicking on the QuickBooks program file.
- Tap on security and then edit.
- Choose "add."
- Type "everyone" in the window and click ok.
- Ensure to select the "full control" checkbox and then select ok.
- Again, select add.
- In the windows, enter "users" and then click on ok.
- Select the checkbox "full control" in the security window again and choose ok.
- At last, select apply and then ok to close the settings.
Summing it up here!
We hope you have rectified the "QuickBooks error the file exists" with the help of the above solutions. If not, please ring us directly on 1.855.738.2784. You can address all your queries and concerns with our experts. They can guide you with the right way to remove the error message from the screen.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Post a Comment