QuickBooks Crashes when Opening Company File: Ways to Resolve
Users store essential company data in QuickBooks company files, and issues accessing the same can lead to accidental data loss. When there are problems while working on the company file, you might be getting the QuickBooks keeps crashing issue. This issue can occur due to many possible reasons, like an outdated QuickBooks or Windows OS version. If your QuickBooks crashes when opening company file, you can follow the solutions provided below to eliminate it reliably.
If you are unable to resolve the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our support team.
Common Reasons for the QuickBooks Desktop Crashes when Opening Company File Issue.
If your QuickBooks closes unexpectedly, the following factors might be responsible –
- There is some damage in the data file, or the QB company file is damaged, which is preventing users from accessing it.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not correctly installed, and the installation files might be damaged or missing.
- Your company file is large in size, which is causing QuickBooks to slow down or start lagging.
- Essential QuickBooks program files are missing from the system or are accidentally deleted by the user.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not updated to the latest version, making it incompatible to run the application.
- Your Windows OS version has become obsolete, and you need to upgrade it to the latest release.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error H101
How to Eliminate the QuickBooks not Responding When Opening Company File Error?
If your QuickBooks suddenly stops working, you can follow the solutions provided below to eliminate it –
Solution 1 – Download the Latest QB Updates and Perform an Update Process
An obsolete or outdated QB Desktop can cause the application to crash or close down. To fix this, you need to update the application in the following manner –
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Help tab to select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- From the Update QuickBooks Desktop window, access the Update Now tab and select the Get Updates option, which will prompt QuickBooks to download any updates if available.
- Once the updates are downloaded, restart QuickBooks and select the Install Now button to prompt QuickBooks to install the downloaded updates.
- Lastly, run the application again to check if the QuickBooks is unresponsive issue is rectified.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6094
Solution 2 – Suppress QB Desktop to Mend the Data Corruption
You can eliminate the QuickBooks company file not running issue by suppressing the application.
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop application, and if it crashes, hold the Ctrl key to suppress the desktop and re-access it.
- Wait for the No Company Open screen to appear and go to the QuickBooks File tab to select the Utilities option.
- From the drop-down, choose the Verify Data option and let it find any issues in the data to repair it using the Rebuild Data Utility.
- Click the Repair Now option and let the QB data corruption issue get dismissed.
If your QuickBooks crashes when opening company file, you can follow the solutions provided in this article. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our expert team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 12007
Post a Comment